MY FIRST INTERACTION with the Indonesian Tianjiners Student and Alumni

 At this condition, I have been awarded the Tianjin University Scholarship in Chemical Engineering, Full Scholarship, I was one of the 8 students awarded Full Scholarship, and 6 students awarded Partial Scholarship. 

This is the list of the Nominated Students of 2020 Tianjin University Scholarship in Chemical Engineering, published at Tianjin University portal on 27 July 2020

I have not been registered to Tianjin as an active student (hmm..actually because of the pandemic and Tianjin will do extra work since International students can't enter China yet, so, perhaps, Tianjin perhaps preparing for online registration for newly admitted students outside China) Yea, only that I have been nominated and I have secured my seat in Department of Chemical Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering, Tianjin University.

Anyway, knowing so, my mother encouraged me to actively seeking connections to Indonesian student and as I should know that for Indonesian students that study abroad wherever they will be, there is Indonesian Student Association (Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia, abbreviated PPI), and of China study, I knew, The Chinese Indonesian Student Association, or Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia Tiongkok

I followed their Instagram, browsing through the posts, and I looked at the organizational structure. The most interesting part is that the structural membership, all the students that involved in, the members will be constantly changing, but the activity and the coverage of this association are seeking actively to create a harmony for all Indonesian student study abroad in the respective country.

I follow each member's social media account, reaching to them and introducing myself, really I am upgrading myself to understand the meaning of connectivity and understand who could I am being connected to especially on studying abroad. For China, also, one thing I should have is Wechat app, a social media chatting platform that is primarily used for studying, and other things too in China.

After some time, I searched for the branch of the association in China, because I will study in Tianjin, and I also connected to PPIT Tianjin and even connected to more new friends. Then, 29 August 2020, there is a really good start of meeting them real-time (well, technically online) and have interaction with them.

Online meeting with them is the first interaction with them, and I truly enjoy and understand that they are really connected with each other without feeling there is a boundary or whatever.



It really satisfies me to the point that I really really really really feel absolutely grateful on the miracle from God, that I have won the scholarship to study in China, and get the great opportunity of connecting with my fellow Indonesian friends there.

Hope it is a great journey I will have on studying abroad in Tianjin, China, although the first-semester study will be online, I have myself fighting my best with God's guidance on the journey towards the infinity.

At last, 
I'm Timothy Joseph Hutagaol
Tianjin University, Department of Chemical Engineering, Bachelor's Degree, Class of 2024



Komentar